What does LIA stand for? LIA stands for Lyme Induced Autism. This organization was started because parents with Lyme disease were finding that their children with autism were also testing positive for Lyme disease and experiencing symptoms of Lyme disease and associated co-infections.
The LIA Foundation has become much more than another "autism" organization or another "Lyme disease" organization. In fact, we fit in neither of these categories very well. We believe that good basic information is available from other organizations, but we try to take it to the next level, opening our minds to all potential healing methods. We refer to this as an "Eclectic Healing Approach".
What does LIA Foundation believe in? We believe that the key to healing both autism and Lyme disease is an integrative model. We do not prescribe to any one method. We do not believe that the answers lie solely in any one approach.. We feel that many approaches have great value but are not always the answer for everyone.
Once a family has found their way to this website, many have been through many treatment methods and are still sick. We prescribe to the thought that a family must work on all levels of healing in order to truly heal. What may be right for one person, may be right for another....we look at all of that. If you feel like you don't fit in the category of the other organizations, you have a home here with us. We include everyone, whether you are doing anitbiotics or homeopathy. We bring in education on all types and levels of healing modalities.
These levels include but are not limited to:
- Antimicrobials - either herbal, homeopathic, energetic or as a last resort pharmaceuticals
- Nutrition - A diet free of genetically modified organisms, organic whole fruits, vegetables, gluten free grains, organic grass fed beef, organic hormone free - free range chicken, organic juicing, etc. Building a good healthy diet as a base to strengthen the body and gastrointestinal system feeding the body to strengthen the cells.
- Gentle chelation when appropriate and with adequate binders available to assist in detoxification.
- Opening of detoxification pathways to assist with moving dead microbes and metals out of the body, preventing reabsorption and heavy detox symptoms. This can be done with herbs, energetic medicine, laser, homeopathy and/or homotoxicology.
- Regenerating the brain by using neurofeedback, biofeedback, herbs, energy medicine, light and sound devices, sensory input, etc.
- Emotional healing using recall healing, cognitive therapy, addressing family issues and emotional blockages preventing true healing the family.
-Customizing treatments by utilizing individual testing with lab work, energetic testing, ART testing, etc.
Why is LIA different? We believe in examining all different types of healing modalities. We believe in customizing an approach for each individual. We don't believe in set protocols but believe in examining the individual components of protocols and customizing to each person.
The LIA Foundation is for anyone looking for healing, regardless of what your diagnosis is.
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It is given in good faith to help people understand more about this disease. It is not intended to replace or supersede patient care by a healthcare providor. If an individual suspects the presence of a tick-borne illness, that individual should consult a healthcare provider who is familiar with the diagnosis and treatment of tick-borne diseases and autism.